Monday, January 2, 2012

much more than a gift

I was going to start the new year off with a "resolution" type post but i wanted to share the activities we got up to over the Christmas period (that kept me MIA). Since i haven't compiled my pictures yet from my camera and phone i thought i would share with you one of my Christmas gifts. Lovingly sourced by my lovely hubby who knows the things i love. I had so many gifts that clearly speak about who i am and i love that he always gets it so right. He knows me, he listens. (love my djembe drum called Bobby).


Anyway, the one i want to share with you is so fitting for bringing in the new year, it is thought provoking, possibly even life changing. It is a book. Filled with words which hit me so deeply. From a mans journey, shared, to my home and in my mind and heart for as long as i need it to shape my life and reform it to the better end to my life's journey. I am looking forward to what the future brings and more importantly to what i can bring to it with my own thoughts and dreams. My new motto ~Do it now and do it the best you can~. Okay, okay i will share the title.
"100 Things". Sebastian Terry is the incredible Author of this book. Crossing a country on foot with a trolley cart and delivering a strangers baby just to name a few stories he shares of his journey to cross off a list of 100 things to do before he dies. Although the acts are pretty wow factor they have such a deeper meaning behind them AND raises money for Camp Quality. Camp Quality is a program that raises funds to support children and their families who are affected by cancer. To find details for Camp Quality go to Sebastian Terry's website click here. You can also find more details on Sebastian's latest adventures or become a campaigner sharing your own list and raise funds for Camp Quality also. Link up to his Blog or Facebook. My opinion is that you wont regret following him or buying his book. Get inspired. Make your own list. Start living. Tell your friends and family about him and by doing so you might help raise funds for children and families affected by cancer.
Thank you my dear husband for laying your eyes on this book for me and thank you Sebastian for your wild adventures.
Image sourced from here

Donate here  Image from google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment